WCSJNEWS.COM is owned and operated by Nelson E Media Inc. whose mailing address is 16524 Frazier Rd Plano IL 60545.
WCSJ 103.1 and WJDK 95.7 are owned by the Grundy County Broadcasters Corporation. The Corporation is locally owned by the Nelson Family.
Grundy County Broadcasters is proud to be the largest provider of radio and news in the Grundy County Area.
Our history in the area is deep!
The History of WCSJ FM 103.1 WCSJ first went on the air as 1550 am in 1964 and was owned by Mr. and Mrs. Russell Armentrout of Louisiana, Missouri. Grundy County Broadcasters purchased the station in 1966 and in the mid-1970s combined it with WRMI FM 104.7. Grundy Communications purchased the stations in 1976 and moved them to the third floor of the Baum Building in 1983.
In November 1986, the two stations were purchased by Midwest Broadcasting. The WCSJ-FM call letters were replaced with WUEZ FM, WCSJ AM remained the same. In December 1989, the two stations were again sold, this time to Media Management Group, who moved the studios to the Business and Tech Center on Route 47 in Morris. In 1990, WUEZ FM became WCFL FM. Four years later, in 1994, the am frequency, WCSJ 1550 was sold out of bankruptcy court to Diane Root and Jeannine Evenson with the station moved again to its current location at 219 W. Washington Street downtown Morris where it shares offices and studios with WJDK FM 95.7.
In August 1997, WCSJ 1550am was sold to Larry and Pam Nelson. At the same time, the Nelsons put the FM 95.7 frequency on the air and brought back the WJDK call letters.
A few years later, the Nelsons purchased the original FM 103.1 frequency out of bankruptcy, changed the call letters to WCSJ-FM and began simulcasting both AM 1550 and FM 103.1 as WCSJ AM and FM. The studios and offices for all the stations remain at 219 W. Washington Street in downtown Morris.