Age 58, of Morris, IL passed from this life unexpectedly Wednesday, February 19, 2020. He was born September 3, 1961, to the late Elaine (Domikaitis) and Steven Spiewak, Sr. He was raised in the Chicagoland area and was a graduate of Dwight D. Eisenhower High School in Blue Island, IL.
He is survived by his beloved wife of 23 years, Laurie Philgren; son, Jeffrey (Sereena) Philgren and grandchildren Bryson and Jazmin; daughter, Ashley (Trevor) Wagner; son Frederick Spiewak Sr. and family; daughter, April Kanapilly and family. Also surviving are his siblings, Steve (Cheryl) Spiewak, his twin brother Timothy Spiewak, and Susan (Jeffrey) Cohen as well as several aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, and cousins.
In addition to his parents, he is also preceded in death by his brother Jerry Spiewak and sister, Debra (late Thomas) Faron.
Tommy was a true Chicago Bears football fan and fisherman who loved life, his family, and friends. He would often entertain and was proud of his grilling skills and lately of mastering his newfound backyard utensil, his smoker. You couldn’t leave Laurie and Tommy’s home hungry. His most satisfying moments, aside from being with his family, was witnessing everyone enjoying his barbecue while laughing and having a good time.
A creative and talented welder and custom fabricator for Chicago Fluid System Technologies, Tom never backed down from any project presented to him. It has been said on more than one occasion that if Tommy can’t fix it, it just can’t be fixed.
Visitation for Tommy Spiewak will be Sunday, February 23, 2020, from 2 – 6 p.m. at the Fred C. Dames Funeral Home 1201 W. Rt. 6 (at Deerpath Dr.) Morris. A prayer service and reflection will begin at 5 p.m. As it was Tommy’s wish cremation rites will be accorded following services. In lieu of flowers memorials in his name can be made to his family to distribute to causes important to the Spiewak family. For more information please call (815) 942-5040 or visit his Memorial Tribute at www.fredcdames.com
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
WCSJNEWS.COM Daily Evening Express
Would you like to receive our daily evening news? Signup today!
Trending News Stories
- Twelve Students Selected for CHS Elburn Scholarships
- Yorkville Cub Scout Pack 350 Den 9 Tigers Graduate to Wolf Cub Scouts
- LaSalle County Has First Covid-19 Death
- Severe Weather Expected Later For Our Listening Area
- LaSalle County Has 4th Covid-19 Case
- Yorkville Student Wins Kendall/Grundy Regional Office of Education Spelling Bee
- Seneca Council Considers a Road Rating System
- Vehicle Crashes Into Morris Motel
- Rhode Island's governor calls to quarantine New Yorkers to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Significant severe weather outbreak forecasted, tornadoes possible
- Here's what people are doing to pass the time during coronavirus isolation
- Army helps make temporary hospital at New York's Javits Center one of the largest in the country
- As people social distance, everyone wants to know 'how to make banana bread'
- Read Gov. Cuomo's moving speech about defeating the novel coronavirus
- Open by Easter? Relaxing COVID-19 restrictions too soon could backfire
- New website calculates whether you have enough toilet paper to last through quarantine
- Motorman dead, dozens injured in suspicious Harlem subway fire
- More than 9,000 retired Army medical personnel respond to call for assistance with coronavirus pandemic