Photo from Seneca Fire Department

Photo from Seneca Fire Department 

A house in the area of 2691 North 2409th Road near Seneca was completely destroyed by fire around six this morning. 

The Seneca Fire Department said the blaze started after the homeowner was grilling a turkey on the grill nearly 15 feet away from the house. 

That's when the fire began, which then spread from the grill to the leaves in the yard and eventually engulfing the entire house causing around $400,000 in damages. 

Fire officials say the homeowners were planning to have a Thanksgiving dinner for more than ten people. No injuries were reported. 

The Seneca Fire Department wanted to thank the nearby neighbors for providing water, donuts and other snacks during the incident. 

They also wanted to thank the several other fire agencies that responded.