Kendall and Grundy County Residents may have an opportunity to lower their energy bills.

Kendall-Grundy Community Action Services, a division of Kendall County Health Department, has funds available for the Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).

The mission for energy assistance programs are to assist low income households in meeting their immediate home energy needs by paying a portion of energy bills to prevent service interruptions, while providing education on home energy observation and other opportunities to achieve and maintain energy security and financial self-stability. This assistance includes households who have propane heat.

To qualify for this assistance on your gas and your electric bills, households must have an income equal to or less than 200 percent of the poverty level as defined in the 2020 poverty guidelines and provide required documentation. Residents in Kendall County can call (630) 553-9100 for more information. Residents in Grundy County can call (815)941-3262.