Several Grundy County nonprofits will be receiving grants from the Illinois Covid-19 Relief Fund.
Julie Buck with the Community Foundation of Grundy County explains how this started.
Buck said 17 non-profits or government agencies received a grant.
Buck said the grants will allow the agencies to provide relief to residents in the areas of: rent and mortgage assistance; diapers and formula, Personal Protective Equipment and others.
A list of non-profits are below.
ICRF Grundy County grant recipients:
- Breaking Away
- Easterseals Jump Start
- Farmworker & Landscaper Advocacy Project
- Grundy County Health Department
- Grundy County Heroes & Helpers
- Grundy County Housing Authority
- Grundy-Three Rivers Habitat for Humanity
- Illinois Valley Industries
- Joliet Area Community Hospice
- Kendall County Health Department (Kendall-Grundy Community Action)
- Mazon Township
- Reclaim3d Inc.
- Veterans Assistance Commission of Grundy County
- Village of Coal City
- Village of Mazon
- Village of Minooka
- We Care of Grundy County