WCSJ Stock Photo

Minooka Community High School Students are safe following a fire in the building this morning.

At around 8:15 a.m. a MCHS Central Campus staff member witnessed a faulty exhaust fan in a bathroom resulting in sparks and smoke being emitted from a bathroom ceiling.

MCHS Director of Community Relations Brent Edwards said the staff member pulled the fire alarm and a full evacuation of Central Campus took place.

A full response from the Minooka Fire and Police departments arrived and assessed the situation. All students returned safely to the school and no injuries were reported.