Window World of Joliet, a replacement window, siding and door company, announced the recipients of eight grants in support of science, technology, engineering, and math education.
The grants will go to winning teachers in Will and Grundy counties. Each teacher will receive $1,000 to promote the advancement of STEM curriculum in the upcoming school year.
Brian Hopkins, owner of Window World in Joliet, says giving teachers these grants is an opportunity to give back to the community that has supported his business.
The grants are intended to help prepare students in science and math fields after they graduate and to promote innovation in area communities.
Window World will present the winning teachers with checks beginning the week of August 28th.
The eight winning teachers are:
• Jennifer Woods - Science Teacher at Plainfield South High School, Plainfield, • Melissa Stapleton - STEM Coordinator at Joliet West High School, Joliet, IL
• Rachel Buck - Building Technology Specialist at Three Rivers Jr. High School, Channahon,
• Maria Wilson - Science Department Chair/Physical Science & Physics Teacher at Lincoln-Way East High School, Frankfort, IL
• Sean McKeown - Special Education Instructor at Joliet Central High School, Joliet, IL
• Barbara Will Henn - STEM Teacher at Troy Middle School, Plainfield, IL
• Mary Jo Minarich - Building Level Technology Specialist at NB Galloway Elementary School, Channahon, IL
• Cyndi Grasso - ESL/ Bilingual Teacher at Grand Prairie Elementary School, Joliet, IL