Health Region Two which includes Kendall, Grundy, and LaSalle Counties is seeing a drop in test positivity. Earlier this month, the region saw a peak test positivity rate of 7.7 percent. The current rate is 6.5 percent. The Illinois Department of Public Health wants regions to stay below eight percent.
Neighboring Region Seven, which is made up of Will and Kankakee counties, is also seeing a drop in test positivity. It's current rate is 7.5 percent. The rate had surpassed eight percent and restrictions on indoor dining were imposed a few weeks ago. The test positivity rate needs to drop below 6.5 percent for restrictions to be lifted.
Locally, Kendall County is seeing a rate of six percent with 69 new COVID-19 cases per 100,000 people. The county has had 1,867 cases.
The Illinois Department of Public Health reported 1,373 new cases Monday and five deaths. The statewide test positivity rate is at 3.6 percent.
Trending News Stories
- 2 dead, 14 wounded in mass shooting in Rochester, New York
- Tropical Storm Beta may make landfall in Texas next week: Latest forecast
- Wisconsin breaks own record for new COVID cases
- Black man beaten by Georgia deputy speaks out after release from jail: 'I feared for my life'
- Rochester unanimously approves subpoena power in Daniel Prude death investigation
- Coronavirus live updates: 'Largest mass fatality incident' in New York City: Report
- New tropical depression forms in Gulf, forecast to become Tropical Storm Wilfred Friday
- Shooters open fire on home with two NJ police officers, infant inside
- Suspect arrested, second at-large for firing assault rifle at Arizona state troopers: Officials
- Coronavirus live updates: India records world's highest increase in new COVID-19 cases
- High School Footbal Live Broadcast Schedules for WCSJ and WJKD
- WCSJ Live Broadcast Friday Night High School Football
- Sign Up for Grundy County Ag Fair Talent Contest sponsored by WCSJ / WJDK
- Area Police Reports for Monday, January 29, 2018
- Oswego Rep. Introduces Legislation for Vets Home Reporting Mandates
- Sandwich Woman Allegedly Bit and Scratched Female Home Owner in Home Invasion Incident
- More than 150 rescued after ski lift in Austria malfunctions
- Tax season is here: Tips to get your refund fast
- Kendall Sheriff Holding Community Meeting on Wednesday in Light of Boulder Hill Shootings
- 19-year-old American becomes youngest person to row solo across Atlantic Ocean
- Paul Edwin Root formerly of Morris 1945 - 2020
- Howard G. Kukman of Lisbon 1930 - 2020
- Donavin S. Sartori of Seneca 2019 - 2020
- Mildred L. Hibler of South Wilmington 1928 - 2020
- Paul McIntosh of Diamond 1943 - 2020
- Mark McCarthy of Morris 1951-2020
- Elaine Raibley of Seneca 1931 - 2020
- Paul E. Hamilton of Diamond 1928-2020
- James W. Watters of Coal City 1932-2020
- Joan Olson of Morris 1931-2020