Grundy County Circuit Clerk Corri Trotter encourages Court Patrons to Utilize Online Services to Reduce In-Person visits to the courthouse to protect the health and safety of patrons and employees out of concern for the health of our court partners, staff and the public, the Grundy County Circuit Clerk's Office is encouraging court patrons to use our many online services for as much court business as possible.
Using these services can reduce the number of people visiting the courthouse in person, and help slow community transmission of the COVID-19 virus. Along with other Grundy County court officials and County leadership, we are working diligently to balance public safety with public health.
• At this time, we are suspending passport applications in our office through April 30th .
Our online services include:
• Electronic Payments: Electronic payments are currently accepted for traffic tickets that do not require a mandatory court appearance and criminal cases that have courtordered fines and fees. Visit www.judici.com to enter your case information and make a payment.
• eFiling: eFiling is mandated by the Illinois Supreme Court for all civil cases. eFile Illinois provides 24/7 access to electronic filing, and the Illinois Supreme Court Access to Justice division provides excellent resources for self-represented litigants who may require assistance in filing their documents. We encourage you to file electronically in lieu of visiting the courthouse whenever possible.
• Electronic Court Records: As always, all public case court information is available on our website 24/7. The records are updated in real-time, so that any changes to case information are reflected on the website within minutes of being entered.
• Copies and Record Searches: If you need copies of documents, or need a record search, you can request either of these services online through our copy request page.
• Orders of Protection: In order to limit your time within the Courthouse, if you feel you are in need of an Emergency Order of Protection, you can begin the process at home by obtaining forms at http://www.illinoiscourts.gov/forms/approved/protective_orders/Order_of_Protection.asp If you have questions while filling it out, please call (815)941-3256. You can also come into the courthouse to fill it out. Our staff is practicing social distancing and will only be able to assist through the window.
• Frequently Used Forms: Our website provides resources on our downloadable forms link. The Illinois Supreme Court provides standardized forms that can be used in any Illinois court.
• Legal Self Help: Have you heard of lllinois Legal Aid Online? We direct our customers daily to this incredible free resource. They provide a wealth of free legal information, step by step instructions, and referrals to pro-bono attorneys.
The public may call the Circuit Clerk's Office at (815) 941-3256 or visit our website at https://www.grundvco.org/c ircuit-c lerk/ for additional information and updates.