Channahon Fire Facebook Photo

Channahon Fire Facebook Photo 

The Channahon Fire Department is reminding the public to be safe while barbecuing for Memorial Day. 

According to the Channahon Fire Department, all grills should be used outdoors and well away from the home. Never leave your grill unattended once lit, and keep small children and pets away.

Before lighting the grill, check for gas leaks and make sure there are no branches or decorations above it that could catch fire.

If you are burned by the grill, cool the wound with water for 2 to 5 minutes and then wrap in a bandage while seeking medical attention.